- Permeability-Seismicity Coupling to Illuminate Gas Shales, CO2 Storage and Deep geothermal Energy
Prof Derek Elsworth
Department of Mineral Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- Comprehensive Study including Testing, Monitoring and Thermo-Hydro Modelling for Design and Implementation of a Geothermal System in Torino (Italy)
Prof Giovanni Barla
Rock Mechanics and Department Head at Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
- Analytical and Numerical Methods for Analysis of Stability of Openings in the Ground for Mining and Energy Storage Applications
Prof Carlos Carranza-Torres
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, Duluth Campus, USA.
- Forecasting & Early Warning Theory and Technology of Water Inrush Disasters in Deep and Long Tunnels
Prof Shu-cai Li
Geotechnical and Structural Engineering Research Centre, Shandong University, China.
- Modelling of primary fragmentation in block caving mines using a finite-element based fracture mechanics approach
Prof Robert Zimmerman
Department of Earth Science & Engineering, Imperial College, UK.
- Geo-disaster prediction with double block mechanics based on Newton force measurement
Prof Manchao He
State Key Laboratory for Geomechanics & Deep Underground Engineering,University of Mining and Technology, Beijing, China.
- Granite mechanical properties of high temperature and high pressure and extraction Hot dry rock geothermal by fault reservoir mode (FRM)
Prof Yangsheng Zhao,
Mining Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education, China Taiyuan University of Technology, China.
- New Three-dimensional Coal Mass Strength Criterion
Prof Pinnaduwa H.S.W. Kulatilake,
Professor and Director, Rock Mass Modeling and Computational Rock Mechanics Laboratories, University of Arizona, USA.
- Fluid mechanics of carbon dioxide sequestration
Prof Herbert E. Huppert,
Institute of Theoretical Geophysics, University of Cambridge, UK and School of Maths and Stats, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Theme 1: Unconventional oil and tight gas extraction
Theme 2: Coal seam gas extraction
Theme 3: Shale gas extraction
Theme 4: CO2 Sequestration
Theme 5: Mining
Theme 6: Geothermal Energy
Theme 7: Civil Geotechnical Engineering
Theme 8: Analytical and numerical methods